Please Note: All applications must be submitted online. The online portal will open one month before each deadline.
Submitting an Application
Please review instructions thoroughly before starting your application. In particular please review carefully the Foundation’s Application Requirements, as incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Click the link below, but don’t forget the access code “clipper” after you register.
Submit a proposal by going to the online grant application page: www.grantinterface.com/gma/Common/LogOn.aspx
- Register. Prior to submitting a proposal through the foundation’s online grants system, applicants must complete a one-time registration. Previously registered applicants may simply log-in.
You will need to supply your contact information and create a password to log in to the system. The Foundation prefers that the Executive Director register as the main contact. Be sure to save your password where you can find it again because you will need it to work on proposal drafts and check the status of your proposal.
- If you are a grant writer, please register using the name and email address of the primary contact at the organization which is applying. If you use your own information, the organization information will be linked to your email address, which will cause a problem if you then try to fill out an application for another client or if you move on and the organization wishes to re-apply or submit a report.
- Start New Application. Once you are in the system, click Apply on the top left side of your screen.
- Enter Access Code. Enter the code: clipper (all lowercase) in the Access Code box at the top right side of your screen.
- Click Link to Open Form. Click the link to the Clipper Ship Foundation to open the Proposal Form. Click on Print Question Legend above your name to get a list of the proposal questions.
- Draft Application. Complete your on-line application. Save frequently. If you want to leave your application before it is complete, click on Save as Draft at the bottom of the screen. You can come back later and continue your application by signing in with your password and continuing to work on the application.
- Please Note: When you click Save as Draft, a page will come up confirming that your changes have saved and a Continue button appears. If this does not happen, there is likely an error message somewhere on your screen. If you do not correct the error before proceeding, your changes will be lost. Be sure to correct any errors and then click Save as Draft again.
- Click Submit Button When Complete. Your application must be submitted when you are done in order to remove it from draft status. After clicking Submit, a new screen will appear confirming receipt of your application.